Search This Blog

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Breaking Yokes Part VII. Conclusion




~ Breaking Yokes - Part VII. - Conclusion ~


So; here we are at the conclusion of this very important study. By now you should have in your possession most every Scripture that was ever written Just For You! to break the yokes of negative thinking and come out from under bondage. And make no mistake about it; It Is Bondage. Rather it is the chains of the Isrealites; prior to Moses freeing them from Pharoh and leading them out of Egypt or your own feelings of negative self worth- Chains are Chains. You either have on shackles and leg irons or you have on the Ephesians Armour.

I can not urge you enough to go back and study these eighty lessons. Read a little here and a little there. Print them out and make yourself a booklet. Do whatever you want with them but study them with all of your power and all of your might and then go out and share what you have been taught here these many weeks. Ultimately; that is what it is all about. Sharing what you have been given.

Someday, at some point, I'd like to hear if this has helped you in any way in your walk with the Lord. That's my reward. Being able to Praise the Lord right along side you! because finally and at lost last you have come out of Egypt and left your chains behind.

God Bless You in the Reading of the Word!
      In His Service,
~ Dr. Angel Koerner Ph.D ~


36. That Person Has Really Gone Too Far. They've Really Devastated Me.

Today we're fasting from the thought that says: "That person has really gone too far. They've really devastated me." 

Too often we give people more power over our lives than what they actually have. By thinking they can have that big of an effect on you, you become enslaved to their whims and their attitude flavor of the month.

1. Fix your mind on Jesus - look at His life.
He was denied by His close disciple, Peter, betrayed by Judas, and forsaken by the rest of His disciples. He was lied about, accused and maligned. None of it stopped Him. In fact, He used each betrayal or personal blow against Him as a path to God's greater purpose for His life.

2. CELEBRATE when someone hurts you, betrays you or accuses you.
It says in 1 Corinthians 11:23, "in the night He was betrayed (while His betrayal was in progress!), He took bread with His disciples..." In the gospel of Mark, he writes afterwards, "They went to the Mount of Olives and sang a hymn."

3. See people's stumbling stones as stepping stones.
Jesus knew that Judas' actions would only serve God's purpose, one way or another. Don't give people's actions PERMISSION to defeat you or hinder you. Rather, use them to step into more of God's will.

4. Stay ATTACHED (one meaning for love = attached) to the promises of God's Word.
Psalm 119:165 says, "Those who LOVE (stay attached to) God's Word have great peace, and nothing offends them." We insulate ourselves from being offended when we love God's Word more than our feelings.

5. Get rid of retaliation thinking.
Entrust yourself to the One who judges righteously.
1 Peter 2:24 says Jesus kept handing Himself over to God, when reviled and falsely accused. When they did their worst to Him, He kept entrusting Himself to the hands of God. Do that today - ENTRUST YOURSELF TO THE HANDS OF GOD.

THINK IT & SAY IT:

No matter what anyone says or does to me, I will not be devastated by it. I will not give them that kind of power over me. I fix my mind on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my faith.

I choose to celebrate, rejoice and live happily when someone accuses me or betrays me. I will not live in denial, as if it didn't happen, but I will celebrate what Jesus did for me, anyway. I will see other's actions as an opportunity for me to step further into God's will.

I trust that God will cause all things to work together for my good (Romans 8:29). I stay attached to what God says about it and I REFUSE to get offended.

God will avenge me. I will not take vengeance or become bitter. I will continue to entrust myself to Him, as I know that He will judge righteously, and defend my cause!



37. My Life Is Out Of Control.

Today we are fasting from the thought that says: "My life is out of control!" No it's not! 

That's what the devil wants you to think. He wants you to feel helpless and "under" the circumstances. When you think this way, you get discouraged. You lose hope. You give into things. Like a jellyfish, you are carried by the prevailing current.

1. Think: Above.
Stop for a moment and understand what I'm saying here. Think "above" - think from a higher point of view. Look down at life rather than "up" at it. When Elisha's servant saw from "above", he realized there were more for him than those against him. (2 Kings 6:14-17)
Notice, God didn't add any chariots. They were always there. Elisha's servant just couldn't see them, because he wasn't thinking "above." THINK ABOVE.

2. Don't see the bigger picture today.
That's not a typo! Think of your situation and your world as small. Think of yourself bigger. Don't forget - how YOU see yourself, is how life will see you. That's how the devil will see you. That's how your mountain will see you. If you see yourself bigger than the mountain (Greater is He that is in you - that makes you big!), then the mountain will respect what you say when you tell it to move!

3. The best day of your life is the day you decide your choices are your own; therefore, your life is your own.
No excuses. No one to blame. Remember the lame man at the pool of Bethesda for 38 years. He stayed in his condition because he told Jesus what he had believed for all those years: "I have no one to help me." (John 5:7) DECIDE TO OWN YOUR CHOICES and you will own the life God wants you to have.

4. Focus on the inside, not the outside.
If you're like me, there are several things on the outside that are not fully under control, but that's not my job. My job is to get control of the inside. That's what this fast from wrong thinking is about. It's taking care of the INSIDE. Deal with your thoughts by continually going over these verses, these mindsets. YOU ARE IN CONTROL IF YOU CONTROL YOUR THOUGHT LIFE.

5. Take control of your day, one thought at a time.
Don't be overwhelmed. Isaiah 28:13 says that we build God's Word and God's thoughts in our lives: "line upon line, precept upon precept."

THINK IT & SAY IT:

I am in control of my life, because I am in control of my thoughts. I rule my life by ruling my thoughts. My thoughts liberate my emotions, my health, my relationships and my whole life.

I think ABOVE beginning today. I choose to look down at life, rather than look up at it. I see it from God's point of view. I'm bigger than my problem, bigger than the mountain, bigger than any enemy I face today.

Greater, larger and more dominant is HE that is in me, than he that is in the world. TODAY IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE, because I have control of the choices I make.

I will not stay in a defeated, lonely, sick, depressed condition another day of my life. I will focus on the inside. I know the thoughts of victory that I am developing will take care of my outside. This fast from wrong thinking is working IN ME, in Jesus' name.




38.  Why Don't I Have More?

As we continue our Fast from Wrong Thinking, I really want to help you get the most out of your relationship with God. He is in you. He is with you! Yet, so many people have asked how to deepen their walk with God.

I believe one of the keys is: fasting from the thought that says, "Why don't I have more?" (Whether it's more time, money, success, friends, etc.)

I remember complaining to God a while back, as I watched other people in my field getting blessed, having quicker success, etc., while I just steadily plodded along, little by little. When I was done whining, I had a sort of "Solomon" moment and heard the Lord ask me this: "Would you rather have those things, or substance and deep meaning in your relationship with me?"

Knowing that I couldn't say "both," I responded- of course- with the obvious answer. Then I heard this: "The things you've gone through and learned slowly are the precious secrets that you have built your life upon. Now you have something of substance to give that no one else can offer in the same way." That set me free. Then He said, "Now more will come."

I wouldn't trade the depth of relationship with God for anything in this world!

How do we fast from the thought that says: "Why don't I have more?"

1. Choose His face, rather than His hand.
(You'll end up with both.) Spend time with God- start with a verse, or these thoughts, etc.

2. Think positively about your adversity, rather than striving to avoid it.
Let me be clear. I am not saying that adversity comes from God, BUT IT DOES COME. Psalm 34:19 says, "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all." (Know that adversity comes. Expect Him to deliver you. Expect to become better as result.)

3. See your life is a gift from God and for others.
Realize that your relationship with God and your life experiences have uniquely qualified you to make a difference in this world. Everyone has a motivational gift according to Romans 12:6-8. Perhaps to show mercy, or lead others through servanthood, or the gift of making money to give.

4. Don't ever want what other people have.
Solomon said, "Give me what you have prescribed." This doesn't mean to settle for less than all that God has for you; but don't determine what He has for you based on what other people have. God knows what He's doing in your life. Philippians 1:6 says, "Faithful is He who began a good work in you. He will complete it until the day of His return."

5. THINK SECURELY.
God has reserved a place at the table for you. God told Saul not to worry about where he stood compared to others. "There is a place at the table and a portion that has been set aside for you." (1 Samuel 9:23, 24)

THINK IT & SAY IT:

I choose the face of God. I look positively at adversity, rather than fighting to avoid it. I expect God to deliver me from all afflictions and trials.

I choose to see my life as a gift from God and for others. I have a unique and special gift that will make a difference in this world. I won't settle for less than what God has for me, but I will not desire or covet what others have.

I know that God has a portion reserved for me. He has a place for me at His table, and I think securely, therefore I live securely. In Jesus' name.




39. I Wonder If I'm Doing Enough For God.

Have you ever asked the question, "I wonder if I'm doing enough for God?" This kind of thinking produces in us a "works-mentality" and hinders the freedom and joy that God wants us to experience. Let's fast from it!

Christianity is not a life of attainment and achievement. It's a life of acknowledgment. This means to recognize, appreciate and accept.

The problem with so many believers is that they are striving to get God to do something or try to make God's promises come to pass in their lives. Gang, listen to 3 of the most important words you'll ever hear: IT'S ALREADY DONE!

1. Everything God has is yours!
You have a covenant with Him through the blood of Jesus. Luke 15:31 is a picture of God and us, the father said to his son: "All that is mine is yours!"

2. THINK "BLESSED" not "cursed."
You are blessed not cursed. Stop thinking that since you're mother or father had a disease or anger, or some other problem, that you will have it too. You are of a new blood line - the blood of Jesus. You have a new DNA - the DNA of Jesus. Galatians 3:13 says, "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us on the cross, that the blessing of Abraham might come to us."

3. IT IS FINISHED -
ahh, the magnificent final words of Jesus on the cross! (John 19:30) There's nothing more that has to be done for you to be saved. Nothing more that has to be done for you to be accepted by God. Nothing more that has to be done for you to be approved and loved! Nothing more that has to be done for you to be free.

4. Realize that your job is to acknowledge and to recognize.
God has done it. You must accept it. This is the true meaning of "confess." It means to acknowledge. We're not trying to MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN by confessing God's Word. We're acknowledging what is already done, what is already ours, and that's what brings it out of the invisible world into the visible world. Think about "confession of sin." When you confessed your sin, that's not when you sinned. You were simply acknowledging what was ALREADY done. When we "confess God's promises," it's the same thing. We're acknowledging what is already done. Philemon 1:6 says your faith becomes effective by acknowledging every good thing that is already in you.

THINK IT & SAY IT:

I have a covenant with God, already! I'm not trying to get God to do something for me. I'm going to focus on believing what He has already done. This is what the Christian life is about - acknowledging what is already in us, and recognizing what He has already done.

I'm already blessed. I'm already healed. I'm already everything that God says I am. I will live a life of acknowledgment - recognizing and praising God for what is already mine through the blood of Jesus.

I'm "blessing" conscious rather than "cursed" conscious. I'm connected to the blood of Jesus; therefore, I have the DNA of blessing. Goodness and mercy WILL follow me all the days of my life.

I accept that I already have in me everything pertaining to life and godliness. I lack no good thing. It's already done! IT IS FINISHED.



40. It's Just Impossible.

As we come to the close of our Study, we need to take the limits off of our thinking. In order to do so, we have to fast from the thought that says: "It's IMPOSSIBLE."

Jesus said "All things are possible to him who believes!" (Mark 9:23)

What is in your life today that you have given up on or considered impossible? Whatever it is (provided it's legal!), don't ever give up. NEVER NEVER NEVER give up!

There is no greater story than the resurrection of Jesus! If a man can rise from the dead, anything is possible!

1. Think about the resurrection every day!
This reveals the miraculous power of God to do anything!

2. Eliminate thinking that says, "I can't believe that."
Cynicism and skepticism have filled our culture. We need to get out of the habit of questioning and doubting the possibility of things. When you think there's no way, JESUS IS THE WAY!

3. Deal with the real problem.
It's not whether God will help. It's whether we believe. The man with the demon-possessed son came to Jesus and said, "If you can do anything, help us..." Jesus responded and said, "If you can believe..." See it's not whether God can do it. It's whether we can believe it. And remember that faith comes from hearing God's Word. (Romans 10:17)

4. Believe that your words move mountains.
Matthew 17:20 says, "You shall say to this mountain 'Remove from here to there', and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you."

5. Meditate on people who had an impossible situation turn around. Abraham was 99 years old when he had a son. Sarah was 90! Moses parted the Red Sea. The list goes on and on. Find those people in the Bible and fill your mind with their testimonies.
Hebrews 12:1 says, "We have a great cloud of witnesses surrounding us..." If it could happen for them, it can happen for you and IT WILL, if you don't throw away your confidence in God's promise...because THE ONLY THING IN THIS WORLD THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE is that: it is impossible for God to lie. (Hebrews 6:18)

THINK IT & SAY IT:

Since Jesus rose from the dead, anything is possible. I expect impossible situations to become possible today. I CAN BELIEVE THAT!

Jesus is my way when there seems to be no way. I BELIEVE GOD CAN AND WILL DO ANYTHING IN HIS WORD THAT I BELIEVE.

Since my words can move mountains, nothing will be impossible to me. I will not throw away my confidence in God's promises, because there is only one thing in this world that is impossible - for God to lie. Therefore, His promises WILL happen in my life, beginning today!

* Today as we approach the end of our fast from wrong thinking, I want you to acknowledge (to recognize) some things. And as you do, I hope you'll join me in taking a personal Communion at some point. Just have your wine/waffer or grape juice/bread ready, set a date and then carry through with it.

See; communion is a RECOGNITION that He is already with you, in you, and for you. Remember in Luke when the 2 men on the road to Emmaus thought Jesus was a stranger. When they took bread, it says "they recognized Him." You see, He was already with them, but when they took communion they were able to recognize and EXPERIENCE His presence. Take your communion and enter into the presense of God!

1 Cor. 11:23-26 NIV
23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread,
24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me."
25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."
26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.


Concluding Communion Prayer:

Father, we thank You for this opportunity to come together as a united Christian front, the many membered body of Christ to partake of the Supper in honor of You.

You!! who are so worthy of all praise and glory. You! who watches over our comings and our goings. Lord thank you for the price You paid on our behalf at Calvary. And we know that even during that painful time You saw us through the ages and were pleased at the people we would become and will continue to become as we grow in You.

Thank You Jesus for loving us and guiding us as we walk this Path called Righteousness. Though oftentimes it is difficult- You are with us and it is always worth it.

Reveal to each of us in Your perfect timing those things that You would have us to do that will bring You the Greater Glory.

It Is In Your Precious Name We Pray, Amen!