Search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Journaling Part III.




~ Journaling Part III. ~


Definition: af·fir·ma·tion

1. the act of affirming
2. something affirmed; positive declaration; assertion
3. a solemn declaration


Today we will begin a series that is broken up into weeks and are designed to stimulate you to explore the real you that is normally tucked away from the rest of the world. Each will have a Scripture to meditate on, a few thought provoking questions, and an affirmation. Let's begin ...








Journal: Daily Affirmation
Week 1


~ Day 1 ~

In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God not myself?

"Everything got started in him and finds it's purpose in him."
Col. 1:16.


I will remember it's about focusing on God.
I will redirect my attention on God.
I will remind myself it's about living for him.
 




~ Day 2 ~

Knowing God uniquely created me, what areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?

"I am your creator, You were in my care even before you were born"
Isaiah 44:`12


I am not an accident.
I was created for a purpose.
I accept my back ground, appearance, and know God loves all of me.
 




~ Day 3 ~

What would my family and friend say is the driving force of my life?
What do I want it to be?

"You, LORD give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their purpose firm and put their trust in you."
Isaiah 26:3


I will allow God to be the driving force in my life.




~ Day 4 ~

What is one thing I should stop doing? 
What one thing I should start doing today?


"This world is fading away, along with everything it craves. But if you do the will of God, you will live forever."
I John. 2:17


Dear God help me to see with your perspective what I need to stop and start doing. Amen.




~ Day 5 ~

"Unless you are faithful in small matters, you won't be faithful in larger ones."
Luke 16:10


What has happened to me recently that I now realize was a test from God?
What are the greatest matters God has entrusted to me?

I can remain steadfast in my faithfulness in all situations.




~ Day 6 ~

"We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, for what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Cor. 4:18


How should the fact that life on earth is just a temporary assignment change the way I am living right now?

I can fix my eyes on eternal things today.




~ Day 7 ~

"For everything comes from God along. Everything lives by his power, and everything is for his glory."
Rom. 11:36


Where in my daily routine can I become more of God's glory?

I can focus on God's giving.










Journal: Daily Affirmation
Week 2




~ Day 8 ~

Thinking about my purpose.

"The Lord takes pleasure in his people."
Ps 149:4


What common task could I start doing as if I were doing it directly for Jesus?




~ Day 9 ~

Think about my trust in God.

"The Lord is pleased with those who worship him and trust his love."
Ps. 147:11


Since God knows what is best, in what areas of my life do I need to trust him most?

I can trust God the most.
God is pleased when we worship him.





~ Day 10 ~

Think about a full surrender.

"Surrender you whole being to him to be used for righteous purposes."
Rom. 6:13


What area of my life am I holding back from God?




~ Day 11 ~

God wants to be my best friend.

"Friendship with God is reserved for those who reverence him."
Ps. 25:14


What can I do to remind myself to think about God and talk to him more often throughout the day?

I can refocus on this now.




~ Day 12 ~

I am as close to God as I choose to be.

"Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you."
James 4:8


What practical choices will I make today in order to grow closer to God. 




~ Day 13 ~

God wants all of me.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."
Mark 12:30


What will I do about this?




~ Day 14 ~

God is real no matter how I feel.

"For God has said, I will never leave you I will never abandon you."
Heb. 13:5


How can I stay focused on God's presence, especially when he feels distant?





Journal: Daily Affirmation
Week 3





~ Day 15 ~

I was formed for God's family.

"His unchanging plan has always been to adapt us into His own family by bringing us to him self through Jesus Christ."
Eph. 1:5


How can I start treating other believers like members of my own family?




~ Day 16 ~

Life is about love

"The entire law is summed up in a single command "love your neighbor as yourself".
Gal 5:14


Honestly, are relationships my first priority?




~ Day 17 ~

I am called to belong not just believe.

"In Christ we who are many from one body, and each member belongs to all to others."
Rom. 12:5


Does my level of involvement in my local church, Christian internet group or community demonstrate that I love and am committed to God's family?




~ Day 18 ~

I need others in my life.

"Share each other's troubles and problems, and in this way obey the law of Christ."
Gal. 6:2


What step can I take today to connect with another believer at a more genuine, heart to heart level?




~ Day 19 ~

Community requires commitment.

"We understand what love is when we realize that Christ gave his life for us. That means we must give our lives for other believers."
I John.3:16


How can I help cultivate the characteristics of real community in my small group and my church?




~ Day 20 ~

Relationships are always worth restoring.

"Do everything possible on your part to live in peace with every body."
Rom 12:18

Who do I need to restore a broken relationship with today?




~ Day 21 ~

It is my responsibility to protect the unity of my church body.

"Let us concentrate on the things which make for harmony and the growth of our fellowship together."
Rom. 14:19


What am I personally doing to protect unity in my church body and family right now?










Journal: Daily Affirmation
Week 4





~ Day 22 ~

I was created to become like Christ.

"As the Spirit of the Lord works with in us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more."
2 Cor. 3:18


In what area of my life do I need to ask for the Spirit's power to be like Christ today?




~ Day 23 ~

It is never too late to start growing.

"Let God transform  you inwardly by a complete change of your mind, then you will be able to know the will of God ~ what is good and is pleasing to him and is perfect."
Rom. 12;2


What is one area where I need to stop thinking my way and starting thinking king God's way?

Where can I improve in the area of growth?




~ Day 24 ~

The truth transforms me.

"If you continue in my word, then you are my disciples indeed; and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free"
John 8:31-32


What has God already told me in his word that I haven't started doing yet?
What do I feel like I need to be doing next?
Where do I feel like I need to be going next?





~ Day 25 ~

Every temptation is an opportunity to do good. 

"God bless the people who patiently endure testing. After whatever they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him"
James 1;12


What Christ-like character quality can I develop by defeating the most common temptation I face?




~ Day 26 ~

Service is not optional.

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
Eph. 2:10


What is holding me back from accepting God's call to serve him?




~ Day 27 ~

There is a way out.

"God is faithful he will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When you are tempted, they will show you a way so that you will not give up in to it."
I Cor. 10:13


Who could I ask to be a spiritual partner to help me defeat a persistent temptation by praying for me?




~ Day 28 ~

There are no short cuts to maturity.

"God began doing a good work in you, and I am sure he will continue it until it is finished when Jesus Christ come again."
Phil 1:6


In what area of my spiritual growth do I need to be more patient and persistent?










Journal: Daily Affirmation
Week 5





~ Day 29 ~

Loving with purpose is the only way to really live.

"For David.. served the purpose of God in his own generation."
Acts 13;36


When will I take the time to write down my answers to life's great questions? 




~ Day 30 ~

I was shaped for serving God.

"God works through different men in different ways, but it is the same God who achieves his purpose
through them all."
I Cor. 12:6


In what ways can I see myself passionately serving others and living it?




~ Day 31 ~

Nobody else can be me.

"God has giving each of you some special abilities, be sure to use them to help each other passing on to others God's many kinds of blessings."
I Pet. 4:10


What God given ability or personal experience can I offer to my church body?




~ Day 32 ~

God deserves my best.

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and show correctly handles the works of truth."
2 Tim. 2:15


How can I make the best use of what God has given me?




~ Day 33 ~
I serve God by serving others.


"If you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers, you will surely be rewarded."
Matt. 10:42


Which one of the six characteristics of real servants offers the greatest challenge to me?




~ Day 34 ~

To be a servant I must think like a servant.

"Your attitude should be the same as that of Jesus Christ."
Phil. 2;5


Am I usually more concerned about being served or finding ways to serve others?




~ Day 35 ~

God works best when I admit my weakness.

"My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Cor. 12:9


Am I limiting God's power in my life by trying to hide my weaknesses?
What do I need to be honest in order to help others?









Journal: Daily Affirmation

Week 6 - 40 Day Conclusion





~ Day 36 ~

I was made for a mission.

"Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you and surly I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Matt. 28:19-20.


What fears have kept me from fulfilling the mission God made me to accomplish?




~ Day 37 ~

God wants to say something to the world through me.

"Be ready at all times to answer anyone who asks you to explain to hope you have in you but do it with gentle and respect."
I Peter 3:15


As I reflect on my personal story, who does God what me to share it with?




~ Day 38 ~

The great commission is my commission.

"Send us around the world with the news of your saving power and your eternal plain for all mankind."
Ps. 67:2


What steps can I take to prepare to go on a short term mission experience in the next year?




~ Day 39 ~

Blessed are the balanced.

"Live with a due sense of responsibility, not as those who do not know the meaning of life but as those who do."
Eph. 5:15


Which of he four activities will I begin in order to stay on track and balance God's five purpose for my life?





~ Day 40 ~



Life's 5 greatest questions for my life are ...




1. What will be the center of my life?



2. What will be the character of my life?



3. What will be the contribution of my life?



4. What will be the communication of my life?



5. What will be the community of my life?