Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Breaking Free Part VIII. Conclusion




Negative Thinking Part VIII.

Breaking Free Conclusion


Thus we have come to the conclusion of our Study- Part 8- on breaking the yokes of negative thinking. Thoughts that the Enemy has had us bound up in for years.

By now you should be feeling quite liberated! But if you don't then simply continue to use this Study over and over until you do feel like the Enemy no longer has a stronghold on your life. It's all about Freedom in Christ; not bondage to the wiles of the devil. Amen?!

* Again, we are not Fasting from food or drink during each 24 hour period but from having these thoughts. Whenever we do have any of these thoughts at any point from now until Kingdom Come we will have God's Word to speak against them!





1. Our words don't have that much power.
    Part I. 
As we come close to the end of this study on fasting from wrong thinking, I encourage you to use these thoughts as a resource you can turn to ANYTIME the negative thought comes back. Develop the habit of stopping wrong thinking continually, and you will see amazing results. 

Today, we're fasting from the mentality that "our words don't have that much power."  We often think "what I SAY doesn't really matter" or "speaking God's Word doesn't work for me."

These mindsets have defeated us far too long. Let's change this today!

1. Death and life are in the power of the tongue. (Proverbs 18:21)

2. True satisfaction and happiness come from speaking fruitful words. (Proverbs 18:20)


3. "Believing and speaking" are God's way of getting things done. We're saved by believing, and confessing Jesus as Lord (Romans 10:9-10). If the greatest gift of salvation is received in this way, everything else should follow suit.

4. Everything God created came from WORDS. (Genesis 1:1-31) "And God SAID, "Let there be light. And light was."
  
5. We're made in His image.  SPEAK HIS WORDS. Paul said, "It is written, `I believed, therefore I have spoken.' With that same spirit of faith WE ALSO believe and therefore SPEAK." (2 Corinthians 4:13 )


6. Store up God's Word in your heart, and power will come forth. (Luke 6:45)

7. It doesn't work unless we speak according to His will. (1 John 5:14) BUT HIS WILL IS CLEARLY WRITTEN—His Will is His Word. You can't say, "I have 7 Mercedes. One for each day of the week, in Jesus' Name".  There is no scripture to support speaking that. But you can declare, "God meets ALL my needs, according to Philippians 4:19.  And right now I need a car—therefore I have the car I need to get where I need to go."

THINK IT & SAY IT:

I give up the thought that my words don't matter. My words have power. They bring me life and satisfaction. I will employ God's method of getting things done, by believing and speaking His Word. 

I'm made in His image, and therefore my Words bring things to pass. I believe, therefore I speak, and good comes forth, in Jesus' Name.






2. Our words don't have that much power.
    Part II


Today, I want us to continue to fast from the mistaken belief that our words don't have power. Remember, death and life are in the power of the tongue?Proverbs 18:21. James 3:4-5 says that our words steer and set the course of our lives.

1. Believe what Jesus said in Mark 11:23, "Whoever shall say to this mountain, `be removed and cast into the sea', and does not doubt, but believes that those things which he says shall come to pass; he shall have whatever he says."  Those who understand the power of the spoken Word shall have what they say.

2. Believe the things you say WILL come to pass. Another way that "faith energy" is created is by believing that when you say something, it has the power to come to pass. 


3. It's natural and supernatural. We use words to CREATE a romantic mood. We use words to create sales in business.
 
4. Words are seeds. They are designed to grow when planted, whether they are bad or good. Mark 4:14 says, "The sower sows the Word."  Pay careful attention to the things you say, because they have the power to come to pass.  SPEAK THE WORD ONLY (Matthew 8:8).


5. Realize the Holy Spirit is waiting on us to speak God's Word. Genesis 1:2-3 says, "...and the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. Then God said, "Let there be light. And there was light."  Notice, the Holy Spirit was hovering, brooding, waiting to give birth to something.  But nothing happened until God SPOKE.  The Holy Spirit is hovering, waiting in our lives.  When we speak God's Word, the same Holy Spirit uses those words to bring those things to pass.

6. Acts 10:44-45 says, "While Peter was speaking the Word, the Holy Spirit fell on those who were listening." Notice, it was the Word that gave the Holy Spirit something to work with.

THINK IT & SAY IT:

I believe that my words set the course of my life.  I believe the things which I say will come to pass. I use my words as seeds to plant God's will in my life.  As I speak God's Word, I give the Holy Spirit room to work in my life and my situations, in Jesus' Name.






3. I will never be really successful.
 

Today we're fasting from the thought: "I will never be really successful." Deep in our minds lies a subtle, if not obvious, tolerance of mediocrity and 'just getting by.' God has so much more for us! Let's walk in it.

1. Abundant success is truly God's will for your life. Psalm 35:27 says, "God DELIGHTS (takes pleasure) in the prosperity/success of His servants."

2. Expect success in EVERY area of life.  Deuteronomy 28:8 says, "The LORD will command the blessing upon you in your barns and in all that you put your hand to, and He will bless you in the land which the LORD your God gives you."

3. You have a covenant with God! Deuteronomy 29:9 says, "So keep the words of this covenant to do them that you may prosper in all that you do."

4. God's Word contains the seeds of true success.  Joshua 1:8 says, "Never stop reciting these words, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success."

5. Success comes from God's presence. Genesis 39:2 says, "For the Lord was WITH Joseph, so he became a successful man." Meditate on the fact that GOD IS WITH YOU. 1 Chronicles 22:11 says, "Now, my son, the LORD be with you that you may be successful."

THINK IT & SAY IT:

God takes pleasure in my abundant success and prosperity in life.  He commands the blessing in everything I put my hand to.  I have a covenant with God and therefore I trust that I will prosper in all that I do.

I will never stop believing and speaking the Word of God which brings true success. God's presence in my life guarantees great success in my life today and every day, in Jesus' Name.






4.  Eliminate excuse-making mentalities


Today we are going to eliminate excuse-making mentalities. Sometimes people think, "If people wouldn't have treated me like that, I would be successful" or "if my problem was anything other than this, I could handle it." You probably know countless other thoughts that are similar. 

Let's fast from making excuses:

1. Refuse to excuse mediocrity. 1 Thessalonians 4:1 says "...Excel still more..."  Don't give in to the temptation to settle for where you're at. Wherever you're at in life, right now—thank God and press forward for more of what God has for you.

2. Refuse to excuse sickness. Don't tolerate it; saying it runs in your family or it's a cross to bear; or everyone gets sick.  He sent His Word and healed us—Psalm 107:20. With His stripes, we are healed—1 Peter 2:24.

3. Refuse to excuse lack and failure in your life; saying that you were born on the wrong side of the tracks or you're limited by your upbringing.  You may have been born on the wrong side of the tracks, but you're not bound to stay there.  Cross the tracks NOW. (Romans 8:37)

4. Refuse to excuse unforgiveness--saying, you just don't know what they did to me--God knows what WE did to HIM and He still forgives.

5. Refuse to excuse lack of support. In John 5:7 the lame man said, "I have no man to help me." He used that as an excuse to remain in his condition.  Even if everyone lets us down, God will support us. (Psalm 27:10)

6. Refuse to excuse sin, saying, "I just can't overcome it...."  YOU CAN do all things through Christ which strengthens you. (Philippians 4:13)  You have been given power over the enemy.  1 Corinthians 15:34 says,  "Awake to righteousness and you'll stop sinning."   When you realize you ARE the righteousness of God--made right with Him, BY Him, you experience a power that delivers you from having to sin.

THINK IT & SAY IT:

I eliminate excuse-making from my thoughts and words.  I will no longer excuse or justify mediocrity in my life; I will not excuse sickness.  I am healed by Jesus' stripes.

I will not excuse failure, as God declares I am more than a conqueror.  I am forgiven and I will not withhold unforgiveness from others. God takes up my cause and is my greatest support.  I am free from having to sin, through the gift of righteousness, in Jesus' Name.







5. There is so much wrong in my life how can I ever expect anything good to come my way?


Today we're fasting from the thought: "There is so much wrong in my life ..."

1. Believe! God honors faith, even when we have fallen or failed. Galatians 3:9 says, "We are blessed with Abraham the believer." Blessed are those who believe. Good comes to those who believe.
 

2. Every good gift comes from the Father! (James 1:17) God is your Father. He will take care of you because you are His beloved!  (Mark 1:11)
 

3. Goodness and mercy will follow you all the days of your life! (Psalm 23:6)  ALL THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE, include the days that you have had so much wrong in your life.
 

4. Know that you're forgiven and redeemed from the curse.  (Galatians 3:13)  You're not blessed because of how much wrong is in your life; but because Jesus took the curse upon Himself and gave us the blessing.  There was much wrong in Abraham's life; but he believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.
 

5. God blesses us because of His love for us. (Deut. 7:7-8) The Lord did not set His love upon you because of you, but because He loved you and kept the oath which he swore to your forefathers.
 

6. Stop condemning yourself. God's promises are greater than our mistakes. (1 John 3:20-21)

THINK IT & SAY IT:

Even though there is wrong in my life, God is greater than my heart and greater than my mistakes.  His blood cleanses me and brings me into His blessing. I'm blessed with Abraham the believer.
I'm redeemed from the curse of negativity and failure.  Goodness and mercy will follow me, because the Lord is my shepherd. I expect to receive every good and perfect gift from my heavenly Father, in Jesus' Name.







6. It's just so hard to trust God.


As we conclude this phase of our FAST FROM WRONG THINKING, I am grateful for the opportunity to be part of your discovery that you can have a life of Freedom in Christ Jesus and no longer have to be bound to the lies of the Enemy! 

Today we're fasting from the thought that "It's just so hard to trust God." "God's promises don't always work."  So often, trusting someone is the hardest thing to do.  But why do we withhold our trust from others? Because often, they have developed a track record that cannot be relied upon. God on the other hand, has a much better track record.  He has never broken His promises!

Let's fast from this thinking that it's hard to trust God:

1. The foundation for trusting someone is a proven track record of integrity. If they have kept their word as a pattern in their life, you can trust them to do it again.  This confidence produces trust.
 

2. Look at the facts: 1 Kings 8:56 says, "...not one word has failed of all His good promise."  God has NEVER broken His promise.  He can be trusted!
 

3. Ponder this amazing statistic: There are over 1000 prophecies in the Bible—promises that God made before they happened. The chances of merely 17 of these coming to pass is ONE out of 450 billion x 1 billion x 1 trillion! Yet, not one of these 1000 promised have failed.
 

4. It is impossible for God to lie!  (Hebrews 6:19)  If God were to lie or break His promise, He would become subject to the devil (the father of lies—John 8:44), and forfeit His throne.  That's something He will NEVER do.

5. All His promises are available to you today!  2 Corinthians 1:21says, "For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are YES! And with us is the `Amen' (SO BE IT!)." Pray His promises. Receive, by faith, His promises. Expect His promises to come to pass in your life.

THINK IT & SAY IT:

I trust the Lord with all my heart, because He has never broken His promise.  Not one of His words has failed. It is impossible for Him to lie. Whatever God has promised in His Word, His answer is YES to me because I am in Christ.  I stand on His promises, one by one, and declare "Amen"--"So be it!" in Jesus' Name!