Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

No Better Love




~ The Role Model ~

Rev. 19:7
~Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.~

They say that there is a ~special~ someone for everyone on the planet. Someone that is just absolutely perfect for you. But; I can't help but wonder how many of us really know what we want in a life partner as our needs changed from year to year as we mature.

When we are young we want someone that was handsome, well built and hopefully drives a car. When we get a little bit older we want someone that is dependable and has a steady job. As we get a little bit older we finally select someone that we think meets our criteria for the perfect mate generally based on whatever it is that we want out of life. Often our choices end up wonderfully and sometimes it ends in disaster.

Jesus Christ was (and still is!!) our role model of the perfect mate. He defines all that a woman could ever want in a husband. Which is why we; as the many membered body of Christ, is so often referred to as "the bride of Christ" in the Bible. Let's look at His qualities for a moment. 

He is a gentleman,

He is confident

He is a provider and protector

He is rich and powerful

He owns everything.

There is nothing He wouldn't do for me

He perfects all things concerning me

He anticipates my wants and needs

Every day He tells me and shows me how much He loves me

I don't have to perform in order to earn His love

He keeps all of His promises

No one can influence His opinion of me

He is the ultimate intimate partner

He can't 'disown' me because I am a part of Him

He prepares a table before me (Selah)

He covers me and doesn't expose me

He wrote His loving words down so that I'll never forget how He feels about me!

Ladies, none of us may ever find someone on this earthly plain that comes even remotely close to the pattern Jesus Christ set for us but that should not stop us from trying to find the very best person for ourselves. Don't settle. God has a person for you. A person that God selected just for you. When you find the person that God has selected you'll know it. In your heart you'll know that this is the one that God chose. He may not be rich or handsome or well built or any of the things that you "thought" you wanted in a man but he'll still be perfect for you.

Woman, if you have found your man already then it is your responsibility to help him to live up to his full potential of being the Spiritual head of the household. Be the Proverbs woman. Be the Titus woman. Take care of your home and your possessions. Take care of your family. Love them, encourage them and most importantly teach them the ways of God so that when their time comes they too may also find the perfect mate as found in our role model of Jesus Christ.

Men, who wants pointers on how to love a woman should study GOD! Look at Jesus and see how He loves and then incorporate that into your life. Study your Bible. Keep your prayers and present your wife each and every day blameless and spotless before the Lord.

Keep the Faith. Keep the Model. Keep the Love.