Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day



~ My Father ~


Psalm 68:3-6 "But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice. Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation. God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land"

When I was very young, I lived for the most part in a very unstable household. To this day, I still don't understand how that works; children should be cared for in a loving way, but I do know one thing- that the Lord was with me all the way through it. He took care of me,and watched over me, and kept me safe, even before I knew who He really was.

When I learned of the truth of Him, and His Word, I began reading the Bible. Whenever I came across verses that talked about being forsaken by your mother and father, or ones that talked about Him being a Father to the fatherless, it was such a refreshing comfort to me. I realized then, that while I may have never had anyone down here on earth to count on as I was growing up, I did Have FATHER- FATHER GOD- and that my precious Father God cares for me, more than any earthly parents could ever care for their child.

No one will ever compare to Him - my Heavenly Father. I did not say that to in any way take away from earthly mothers and fathers that are truly there for their children and family. The Lord blesses each child in His own way. I was simply blessed with The Best! More than that really- I was Divinely Favored.

I felt compelled to share this, because I know that I am not the only one that grew up without a stable home life. I am hoping through these words that the Lord is helping me type, that others will see that they too have a Father that cares so much for them, that He sent His only Son to die, and rise again for them. That He has been taking care of them, just as much as He has taken care of me. Even if you do not see any physical evidence of Him being there, just know that He always has been, and always will be. What a comfort that is!


~ Happy Father's Day Father God ~