Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Basic Home Remedies
Basic Home Remedies:
Using Baking Soda for HEALTH:
1. Natural Deodorant- Sprinkle or pat on pure baking soda on your armpits for a natural deodorant. This is most useful for those summer months when one tends to chaff.
2. Stinky Shoe Remedy- Sprinkle generous amount into sneakers or other shoes to help absorb odors.
3. Remove Splinters- Make a paste of baking soda and water and apply to the bottom of a bandage, and apply that overnight. In the morning, the splinter should be much easier to remove.
4. Antacid Use- about a 1/4 teaspoon in a small cup of water and drink to help reduce acid.
5. Mosquito Bites- Heres something I tried out this summer that worked really well. We had been outside alot and I had gotten a lot of misquito bites on my legs that were itching reallly badly. Mix a thick paste of baking soda and water and apply to the bites (helps if you haven't scratched them yet. In about 1 minute the itching stops and in about one hour the redness and swelling have gone away!! It was wonderful, and I used this remedy the rest of the summer with great results.
6. Cold Sore Remedy- Make a thick paste of baking soda and water and apply to cold sores at least two times a day.
7. Treats Burns- On your list of baking soda tips, put that it is good for burns.
I had a neighbour come over with a bad deep frying grease burn to her whole hand. I told her to put her hand over the sink. I had made up a liquid paste of baking soda and water, fairly thick and poured it over the hand. I said this will hurt just for the initial time I put it on, then will be ok. I then wrapped it in gauze to protect it and to keep the soda from going all over. She simply just needed to regauzed it daily.
The beauty of it is that there was no blistering and no scar later.