Monday, November 5, 2012
Velvet Trinket Bookmarks
~SEW~ Easy Velvet Bookmarks
Velvet strips of fabric - 9 inches long by 2 inches wide per bookmark
1 inch Ribbon Clamps
Jump Rings (O rings)
Various Trinkets of your choosing (think vintage!)
Flat nose pliers
1. Cut fabric to 9 inches long by 2 inches wide.
2. Double over your fabric so that you have velvet on each side.
3. Sew along the top, open side and bottom in a corresponding color thread.
4. On each of the top and bottom on your bookmark affix a Ribbon Clamp with a pair of flat nose pliers. Crimp tightly.
5. Attache a jump ring (O ring) to the hole in your ribbon clamp.
6. Adorn with your trinket and close the jump (O) ring.
* You can add as much length or adornment to your bookmarks as you like by simply continuing to add another jump ring and more trinket.
* If you should have a difficult time finding 2 inch velvet ribbon- you can always purchase 1 inch ribbon and sew them together with each of the velvet facing outward
Very Easy, Very Simple and a Double Cute gift when paired with a vintage book.