Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Psalm 91




"Qui habitat". 
 
"Whoso dwelleth under the defence of the Most High"
 
Psalm 91 NIV
 
1  He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.


2  I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."


3  Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.


4  He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your   shield and rampart.


5  You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,


6  nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.


7  A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.


8  You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.


9  If you make the Most High your dwelling- even the LORD, who is my refuge-


10  then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
 
 
 
 





11  For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;


12  they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.


13  You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.


14  "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.


15  He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.


16  With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."