Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Daily Christian Survival Kit
TOOTHPICK - to remind you to pick out the good qualities in others.
* Matthew 7:1
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged"
RUBBER BAND - to remind you to be flexible. Things might not always go the way you want, but it will work out.
* Romans 8:28
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".
BAND AID - to remind you to heal hurt feelings, yours or someone else's.
* Colossians 3:12-14
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity".
PENCIL - to remind you to list your blessings everyday.
* Ephesians 1:3
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ".
ERASER - To remind you that everyone makes mistakes, and it's okay.
* Genesis 50:15-21
"When Joseph's brothers saw that their father was dead, they said, "What if Joseph holds a grudge against us and pays us back for all the wrongs we did to him?" So they sent word to Joseph, saying, "Your father left these instructions before he died: 'This is what you are to say to Joseph: I ask you to forgive your brothers the sins and the wrongs they committed in treating you so badly.' Now please forgive the sins of the servants of the God of your father." When their message came to him, Joseph wept. His brothers then came and threw themselves down before him. "We are your slaves," they said. But Joseph said to them, "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. So then, don't be afraid. I will provide for you and your children." And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them".
CHEWING GUM - to remind you to stick with it, and you can accomplish anything.
* Philippians 4:13
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength".
MINT - to remind you that you are worth a mint.
* John 3:16-17
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him".
CANDY KISS - to remind you that everyone needs a kiss or a hug everyday.
* 1 John 4:7
"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God".
TEA BAG - to remind you to relax daily and go over your list of blessings.
* 1 Thessalonians 5:18
"give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus".
CANDLE - To remind us to be a light in someone else's day.
* Matthew 5:14-16
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven".
BUTTON - To remember to button your lip when needed.
* 1 Peter 3:10
"For, “Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech".
LIFE SAVER - To remember that the Lord is there to help.
* Psalm 46:1
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble".
PUZZLE PIECE - To remember that without God we are not complete.
* John 15:5
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing".
SALT - To remind you God wants us to be the salt of the earth.
* Colossians 4:6
"Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man."
Suggested Reading Material:
The Supernatural Church
(Believer's School of Training)
* The Supernatural Church is a must for every believer who wants to gain understanding on how to experience the Person, Presence, Power and Gifts of the Holy Spirit. This in depth teaching workbook contains 12 lessons and over 200 pages of systematic teaching guaranteed to equip you to flow in God's supernatural power.
Ministering in the Power of The Holy Spirit
(Believers School of Training)
* The companion book to the above. It will take you even further in your journey to discovering all that the Holy Spirit can do in your walk with Christ.
** Please Note that these two books are currently out of print. However; with a little diligence one can generally locate them in a used book store
Power Of A Praying Woman Prayer & Study Guide
* Following the outline of the book, this guide—encourages readers to explore the biblical principles behind individual prayer. Thought–provoking questions help each woman define her unique prayer needs. All women seeking the abundance of a committed prayer life will welcome this.
Becoming a Woman Of:
(all by) Cynthia Heald
Becoming a Woman of Excellence
Becoming a Woman of Purpose
Becoming a Woman of Grace
Becoming a Woman of Faith
Becoming a Woman of Prayer
A Woman's Journey to the Heart of God
* Each of these books are designed as lesson/study material. In addition to a thought-provoking Bible study, each lesson features classic quotes from some of the great devotional writers throughout history, a reflection from Cynthia, and a suggested memory verse. Can be used individually or in a group study setting.
Purpose Driven Life & Journal
(What on Earth Am I Here For?)
* The spiritual premise in The Purpose-Driven Life is that there are no accidents- God planned everything and everyone. Therefore, every human has a divine purpose, according to God's master plan. Those who are looking for advice on finding one's calling through career choice, creative expression, or any form of self-discovery should elsewhere for a book that speaks to this. This is NOT about self-exploration; it is about purposeful devotion to a Christian God. The book is set up to be a 40-day immersion plan, recognizing that the Bible favors the number 40 as a "spiritually significant time,"
* An allegory based on the Song of Solomon. Walking in deeper intimacy with our Beloved Bridegroom King! A must read for anyone that desires a deeply intimate, intense personal relationship with Jesus Christ
Any! Chicken Soup for the Soul Books:
(My personal favorites)
Chicken Soup for the Writers Soul
Chicken Soup for the Gardeners Soul
Chicken Soup for the Girlfriend's Soul
Monday, February 27, 2012
Precious Abba Father,
Thank You for joining us each day here within Your- The King's Garden. We pray that You, Jesus and The Holy Spirit will come and dwell here every day until You call us Home. Come angels of the heavenly realm! We welcome you among us.
Thank You for allowing us this time to get our Garden Trellis raised up so that all who enter will enter with Thanksgiving and Praise in their hearts. This is what the Bible tells us to do: "Enter through the gates with praise and thanksgiving" and we Praise You and are so very Thankful for the bounty that fills our lives. Each day as we enter through the garden gate our hearts will be filled with Praise and Thanksgiving for You alone are worthy of that and so much more.
Bless this place of serenity and refuge for all that are weary and in need of a cool drink from the river of life; as the Bible tells us "Come unto me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest". We will share all of our gifts and all of our bounty as the Bible tells us "Give and it will be given to you"
We will lift Your Name on High.
In our hearts we shall wear our best gardening hats. Adorned with fresh flowers. We are the Brides of Christ that await our Kinsman Redeemer. Our Lamps are Filled with Oil at all times. Our eyes ever look towards the sky; ever awaiting that Glorious Appearing. We shall toil the soil and tend the vines with our voices once again filled with a girlish giggles. We shall chase after the butterflies, the hummingbirds and hold wonderful conversations with ladybugs. Hear the tinkling sounds of our many wind-chimes. Such sweet melodies that fills the air.
Father please allow this to be a magical place of escape from the world that threatens so often to overwhelm us. May we all run towards the garden gate for refuge. May we recognize and bring others that are in need of rest in the shadow of Your mighty wings of Grace and Love.
We pray that You, Father God use this place to minister to us; to show us a more excellent way to be. Finally Father; as we leave the Garden and sign off of our computers; fill our hearts, minds and spirits with the "peace that surpasses all understanding" May our continence reveal to the world "Here is the way; walk yea in it"
Bless this Place Dear God as we seek to bring Glory to Your Name.
In His Name and in His Service We All Pray,
Amen and Amen.
* To help each other to take care of our Spiritual well-being in healthy ways.
* To embrace our God given gifts using small simple steps to reach goals, with planning and writing.
* To serve God, Family, and Community.
* Staying on track with our own daily quiet time with the Lord, using Prayer, Meditation, Bible reading and Study, Writing and acts of Personal spiritual growth.
* Leading and Loving by His excellent examples.
* Remembering to ask for God's help and guidance from His Holy Spirit.
* To continue to be a loving spouse, parent and grandparent, friend, sharing from our wisdom and experience, and flowing in God's Holy Spirit.
* To pay attention to those prayer nudges we get from God.
* To continue to ask for God's direction and wisdom.
So, here we are. Standing before the Entrance into the Garden.
Allow me this brief opportunity to reveal what you might expect to find. There is a special place created for each of you. How you adorn it and make it personal and unique to you is for you alone to do.
* The physical and emotional demands of being a Biblical wife, mom, grandmother, friend, etc. and honoring each role while applying basic Christian values
* Taking care of you - physically, emotionally and spiritually
* The basics of a frugal lifestyle: homemaking, gardening, shopping, cleaning, organizing, cooking and baking ~ guest appearances from some pretty unique women ~
* Basic sewing, crocheting and easy to do crafts
* The Joy of the hand written letter
* Make Time for Tea
* Scheduling and managing your time
* Developing and cultivating lasting friendships
* Studying the Bible and Deepening your personal relationship with the Lord
Welcome to the Garden. Make your spot here uniquely your own. And of course don't forget to enter with Praise and Thanksgiving in your hearts.
The Lord is with thee!
~ Lazzy ~
“Let your beauty be found in “the hidden person of the heart,
with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit,
which is very precious in the sight of God.”
1 Peter 3:4